Bouncing Ball Animation

 


For this assignment I tried my best to get used to my new wacom tablet and getting familiar with Harmony Toon Boom. After seeing the various examples from the student examples provided on canvas as well as the examples my classmates posted in the discord, I wanted to add a bit of my own personality with the skateboard which is one of my favorite hobbies. 

One of the problems I had to get used to in learning in Toon Boom was creating a new frame every time I wanted to adjust or add to a drawing. A few times I would finish editing a drawing for a frame and then realized that I had changed the whole drawing for the whole animation. This specifically kept happening when I wanted to adjust the floor as the skateboard rolled off. 

A takeaway from the critiques pertain to the ball's speed (and overall animation speed) and the skateboard's positioning in comparison to the ball's plane of movement. Overall, I learned a lot about my own tendencies with drawing on the tablet and working around in Toon Boom.

I look forward to the future assignments and how I can apply these animation skills to content creation for my own platform!

- Swan

Comments